Saturday, May 31, 2008

Still here :)

Just wanted to post a quick note to let everyone know I'm still here! Abigail is determined to stay put! In fact she's been more active lately - I think she's mocking and teasing me...every kick is like she's laughing at me and my uncomfy-ness!

My feet are so swollen now that it hurts to walk and by 5:00 they are throbbing and burning like they're on fire. And this is all with me sitting on the couch all day! I do try to get up and take a walk to the end of the block and back at least once a day but instantly regret it when I get back and my feet hurt.

My guess is that she's going to be in there until mid next week...yaaay.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Morning Update

So after much thinking and praying and more praying, I've decided to put off the induction. I just did not have a good feeling about forcing baby girl out when she wasn't showing any signs of being ready to come. I didn't feel like my high blood pressure was a good enough reason - esp since it's on the 'low side of high'. So I called the doctor and explained my concerns and we agreed to wait until Monday to take further action. He admitted that he was inducing tonight more out of convenience than anything else since he was going to be on call and since I looked miserable. But we both agreed to give it 5 more days and then on Monday we would decide to induce that day or Tuesday. I feel so much better. Like relief. I just did not have a good feeling about it and the fact that he was just doing it out of convenience wouldn't have made me feel better. So please keep us in your prayers that she comes before Monday on her own. I'm off to try all the old wives tales possible to get labor started!!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tonight may be our last 'baby free' evening!

Today at my doctor's appt I was told that tonight may be our last 'baby free' evening at home! Due to my swelling and high blood pressure, doctor wants to start the induction process tomorrow night! So as you all are sleeping wonderfully in your comfy beds, I'll be having meds pumped through my IV to soften my cervix and prepare for baby! If all goes well they'll start the pitocin which will get the contractions and baby going! If there's no progress by noon on Thursday they'll send me home - so please everyone pray that this baby girl is ready to come out! I would hate to be sent home after going through all that!!

Joe and I are so excited and are going to spend our last night relaxing and enjoying the quiet of our house! I'll try to get the next update on here as soon as possible but if there's nothing here by Thursday afternoon, then that probably means she's here!!

Friday, May 23, 2008

Just waiting!

We're all just sitting here waiting!

This past weekend my grandparents were here to visit and also to go to the Taste of Hartsville which is an event with lots of food here that Joe was in charge of. While they were here, my grandpa and Joe put up a bird feeder outside our sunroom and this morning I walked out there to find this...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Still no baby!

Back from my lovely hospital visit...they did the kidney test and gave blood then they did my NST (monitored baby and contractions) for an hour before the doctor decided to let me go. Everything looks good from all the tests and he's still concerned about the swelling but said to just take it easy and try to keep my feet up. I am having contractions but they aren't close enough together to keep me so they let me go. My next appt is Tuesday and if she isn't here by then, we'll schedule the induction for the end of next week. It's getting closer!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Will it be Wednesday??

I had a doctor appt this morning and my blood pressure is high, and my swelling is over the top - so they're going to test my kidneys one more time. Last time my test came out at 240 and the limit is 300. So on Wed morning they're going to do the test again and then I'm going to be admitted to have the baby monitored. Then when the results come back, about an hour later, they're going to decide to either induce me that afternoon or next Wed. So she'll be here soon!!! I'm putting the car seat in the car today and finishing up a couple other things and then I'm ready! So crazy to think it's so close! I think Joe's close to having a heart attack!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Officially full term!

I had a doctos appt this morning and I'm dilated to 1, 70% effaced and baby is at 0 position (she needs to get to +2). Also I've been having the start of contractions!!! Doc did say that this could mean something or nothing...hopefully it's the something. I'm totally ready for this to all be over!! Everything aches and creaks when I move! My next appt is on Monday and if baby hasn't come by then we're going to schedule my induction for sometime during the week of the 26th. I also tested positive for Group B Strep which really sucks but there's nothing I can do about it. Basically it's a bacterial infection and as soon as my water breaks I have to have an IV of antibiotics.

Fingers crossed that this happens soon and on it's own!!

Friday, May 9, 2008

Everything's done and now we wait!

The nursery is finished and everything is waiting on baby! Yesterday a friend of mine came over to help get everything organized and in order and after three hours of work we finally finished! Here are some pictures of the nursery – completed and waiting!

I haven’t heard back from my doctor regarding all my testing so I’m assuming that no news is good news. Either way, I’ve been resting and sitting with my feet up just trying to enjoy these last quiet and peaceful moments J I’m 36 weeks and next Thursday I’m considered ‘full term’ so baby can come anytime after that! It’s hard to believe it’s almost time!

Monday, May 5, 2008

She's almost here!

So today at my doctor's appt I learned that I only have 3 weeks left!!! Doc did an internal and everything is ready to go! He said he wouldn't be surprised if I went in the next two weeks!! But if that doesn't happen, he's going to induce on May 26th!! I can't believe it's all happening...and so fast! I had some signs that I may be at risk for pre-eclampsia (the swelling in my feet is cartoon-like!) so he doesn't want me to go over 39 weeks. Here's a link to info on it if anyone's interested...pre-eclampsia. They took some blood and I find out on Wed if I'm on bedrest for the rest of the time, please pray that I'm not!! I'll go crazy if I can't get everything finished!!

So after my appointment I ran around like crazy trying to get last minute things that I didn't want Joe to have to worry about. Now I'm exhausted and sitting here with my feet propped up after eating an amazing meal (made by Joe)!

We have the crib but not the energy to put it together yet :) I'll post some pictures after it's finished!!