Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Joe!

This year Joe's birthday and Father's day were both right in the middle of planning for Abigail's first birthday and then also my 10 year high school reunion in Florida. So they both kinda got brushed by quickly. I had a feeling that was going to happen so I planned a surprise party for Joe - just for Joe - with his close friends here in Hartsville. He was surprised. No, he was mortified. And surprised :) It was at his all-time favorite place, Los Tres - a mexican restaurant where the owners adore him and he them. I seriously think he eats there more than he eats at home!
Irma had a special cake just for Joe

After he blew out the candles, she started to clean it up...

But then you can see the glimmer, the hesitation. Her Mexican heritage and traditions were coming out in full force...

And WHAM!!! She just couldn't stop herself!



She got him good!

Even his glasses were stuck in the cake!

Don't look at me like that...it wasn't my idea!


Joe - you're an amazing and wonderful husband and father. I am so blessed to have a husband who wakes up each morning to support his family! Thank you for making each day an adventure! I love you!!

Thanks to the 'family' at Los Tres for letting us take over the restaurant for an evening!

No comments: